Do you think your frequent headaches may actually be migraines? If so, you may want to know some of the tell-tale signs of migraines. We’re going to take a look at some migraine symptoms and then a treatment option you may never have considered before.
The Symptoms of a Migraine
What are the symptoms of a migraine?
- Pain – the pain can be described as pulsating, throbbing, or pounding. It is also usually moderate to severe. This means that the pain can affect your day to day activities.
- One Sided – Migraine pain usually only occurs on one side of the head. It doesn’t matter which side. However, if you feel the pain on both sides, you are more likely experiencing a tension headache.
- Aura – Not everyone experiences this symptom, but for those who do, migraines are preceded by numerous other symptoms. These may include visual disturbances like seeing spots, blinking lights, or other visual symptoms. This often occurs 5 to 20 minutes before a migraine.
- Other Symptoms – Besides just head pain, migraines always present with at least one of the following symptoms: nausea, vomiting, light sensitivity, sound sensitivity.
To learn more about the connection between head and neck injuries and migraines download our complimentary e-book Natural and Drug-Free Ways to End Your Migraines by clicking the image below.
Natural Migraine Treatment in Victoria, British Columbia
Standard treatments for migraines include taking painkillers, using a journal to track triggers and then lifestyle changes to avoid them, reducing stress, and keeping meals and sleep periods regular. However, all of these treatment options attempt to mitigate the symptoms of migraines or the frequency of occurrence rather than going after the source of the problem.
The fact is that all of the symptoms of migraines can be caused by a misalignment of the C1 or C2 vertebrae. These bones are found to the top of the neck, right by the brainstem. Even a slight misalignment can create pressure that results in migraines.
The trained upper cervical chiropractors at UC Life Chiropractic Centre are able to diagnose and correct such misalignments. As a result, the cause of the migraines is addressed, and symptoms can be relieved or reduced naturally. In fact, many migraine sufferers see a complete resolution of their condition.
- Ferri, Fred MD. Ferri’s Clinical Advisor, 2012 ed. Philadelphia, PA: Mosby; 2012. 429-430.
- Elster EL. Upper Cervical Chiropractic Care for a Patient with Chronic Migraine Headaches with an Appendix Summarizing an Additional 100 Headache Cases. J. Vertebral Subluxation Res.2003; 2003(1): 1-10.
To schedule a consultation in our Victoria office call 250.386.5433 or just click the button below.